Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Delayed long enough!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by WhatMACHI, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Hey All,

Long time lurker checking in. Had my L's twice before and was reluctant to buy a bike for safety reasons. But have just licensed up again and will be looking at something Supermoto :)

Hoping to get a dual purpose bike that will suit well for shorter (read safer) rides on the road and for some off road stuff!

Looking at getting a DR-Z 400SM and some offroad wheels and anything else is required to get me on something a bit more dirt based. Not quite sure how it'll suit as i'm on the shorter/lighter end at 168cm under 60kg, but i'll see how it goes!

2. whatever; welcome to Netrider, and the challenges that lie ahead!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to the nuthouse
    • Like Like x 1
  4. welcome aboard :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome mate :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. When you get use to riding, it becomes the thing that you think about every day. Planing a ride is half the fun.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Welcome to NR...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hey mate welcome, and good luck with your search
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gday WhatMACHIWhatMACHI welcome to NR - once you get your bike you will find your rides getting both safer and longer!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome. Hope you enjoy
    • Like Like x 1
  11. G'day WhatMACHIWhatMACHI ,
    Welcome to the forum :)
    Make sure when you get your bike, do up a showcase item and post up what you decided on !

Just throw your leg over as many bikes as you can since you'll find you'll change your mind a million times when selecting what to buy. Generally speaking, you'll prob end up getting something totally diff to what you had planned hehehehe
    • Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Steve Vtec, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Me and chilliman64chilliman64 did a great ride with GeorgeOGeorgeO a while ago, the dirt section was waaaaay longer than he led us to believe. Your drz with knobbies would handle great on that ride haha

Welcome aboard mate. After the last effort I might try and keep the firestorm off the dirt and on the tar where it belongs, but if you want to ride on the road there's plenty of Sydney members who'll tag along with you while you find your feet. Where abouts in Sydney are you?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hahaha - yeah won't be 'doin' it in the dirt' anymore!
  14. I thought this subject was discussed and closed long ago.

It has now been proven that an MV Agusta CAN in fact go anywhere.

Now that the point is proven, we will move along and concentrate on tar.
  15. next step, first bike on the moon (Moon Vehicle Agusta).
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sounds like a plan - any suggested route to get there?
  17. think it all starts with the Putty
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Isn't that an old saying? A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single run up the putty.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I thought it was a journey of a thousand miles starts after 10 miles?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hahaha very good