Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Definition of 'wrong place, wrong time'

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MattyB, Dec 5, 2006.

1. moved to Off Topic

Cheers :cool:
  2. Doubt he will survive that :shock:
  3. no poor bastard...
  4. almost makes me want to be sick. :shock:
  5. Oh gosh, read the comments about it
    Yes! When a car crash happens it's usually because at least 1 vehicle is/is heading where it is not supposed to be.
  6. Nah Ktulu, the comment refered to the fact that the ped was walking against the signal, and the car from the right had right of way. If the car heading away from us (that got hit) had stopped at the lights as he should, the car from the right may have missed the ped by changing lanes. Maybe he was trying to and that's why he rolled the way he did.

Still, may be a fake. . .
  7. That video shows why we needed hoon laws. A pity that the police decided to apply it broadly even to people speeding. :roll: I can't imagine why anyone would park a car or stand near idiots doing that sort of stuff. I would be a kilometre way minimum! One of them hit a fork lift, another a bus! I guess natural selection is still a strong force in the world.

By the way, until you have seen someone hit by a car, and fly through the air, as I have, you don't appreciate the horror of it, or the resilience of the human body. :eek:
  8. Holy crap! :shock:

They're crazy! Surely you'd practice somewhere safe...
  9. Ahhh, I see.

Well in that case - [if he hit the button and THEN jaywalked so that the cars have to stop for an a pedestrian that isn't there later] then I have a little less sympathy for him.

I hate when people do that. "If you're going to walk anyway, don't hit the button!"
  10. That "Drifting" video is an excellant example why idiots should no more have cars than firearms.

Are we really evolving anymore or has the weight of idiots dragged us to a standstill?
  11. That drifting stuff wasn't far off my morning and afternoon commute in Bahrain for 3 months. They are absolutely crazy over there. If you drive a rich car(which most fo them do) then the cops won't pull you over. They only roust the poor people in shitboxes. And if you have an accident, you just pay a fine and you are done with it. Even if you are not at fault, you pay a fine for being in an accident.