Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Deecube’s 2-Piece Custom Suit Continues

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by DeeCubed, Jun 26, 2008.

1. I’ve been sorting out a custom suit for about a month now. Thanks for all those that have helped to date. After a previous post I decided on a design with a construction partially perforated with the perforations set at 15mm intervals.

I’m having it done through these blokes: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Custom-Leath...991570QQihZ022QQcategoryZ125985QQcmdZViewItem
    To date the bloke has been superb in his assistance and guidance; the list of measurements and options is simply mind boggling.

Now some of you might be thinking OMG who’d be crazy enough to deal with anybody but (insert name of preferred custom leather people)? I don’t expect it to stack up against a A$2,000 custom suit from (insert..yada, yada) but at A$600 +-, I thought I’d give it a go. It’s only my third set of leathers (first custom set) in 20 odd years so I’m dead excited about it. Anyway, I’ve attached the graphic design for interest and comment. The 2-piece itself is a cross between Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 pants and the jacket design shown in link.

The last question I’m grappling with is whether to have the knee armour removeable or not. Any thoughts?
  2. If it's decent armour, the only reason I would see to ever remove it is to use knee braces.
  3. I don't see any reason why you would want removable knee armour. I would prefer to know that it is sewn in and not going to move anywhere.

Make sure you let us know how the suit goes, i'm sure quite a lot of people would be interested including myself.