Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Decided to join after caught filtering >.<

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Irish_, May 14, 2010.

1. As the title says, was caught Monday morning heading south on the Gateway just by Boondall (copper caught two of us, other rider was on a Triple? Maybe a member here??)

My internet searchings lead me to the site so I said I'd join and say hello.
    Obligatory shots attached.

Attached Files:

2. Welcome Irish
  3. How much did he get you for mate?
  4. Let me off with a pretty firm warning. He hit me with a statistic that 11 incidents since the beginning of the year involved motorbikes, 9 were fatalities.

Then he said something that irked me a bit when he said "due to stupidity". I was thinking about asking how many of them were rear ended in stationary traffic, but decided to keep my mouth shut as he had left off the other rider without a fine and I didnt want to push him.
  5. You cannot win when arguing with them,there so much smarter than most,did he filter off through the traffic after the lecture
  6. Welcome
    Please place the state you are in and post the relevant information to the politics law and insurance forum with the state prominent in the topic.
  7. Were you filtering through stationary traffic or lane splitting through moving traffic. There is a distinction, one which I believe the police don't take in to account when they quote these figures. The second is a riskier proposition. I would say the fatalities would occur during the second behavior. It is hard to see how a fatality could occur with filtering.
  8. Keep the filtering talk to the correct forums please
  9. Honestly, good on you for not having a go. Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir is the only method that works with cops.

Anyway, nice bike :cool:
  10. welcolm to the forum irish , good to see another qld rider, check out the group ride end of the month .
  11. Welcome mate. I got the same treatment from a cop whilst filtering down Sandgate Road at boondall. Only difference was I was riding in the bicylce lane on the left had side of the road :-w
  12. welcome mate
  13. Welcome fellow Netrider.:biker:

Have fun, you'll meet some..ahem..interesting folk here!

14. Cheers everyone!

Will definitely look at the end of month ride. I'll see if I can get a few of us to go on it.