Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Decided the KLE was not right for me

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Rybky, May 27, 2008.

1. Well, after the learner ride on Sunday I decided that the KLE500 really was not the right bike for me, I really want a sports bike. So this morning I dropped into Sydney City Motorcycles and did a straight swap for a used Honda CBF250 ...

aV1bo3R0.

The dealer seemed quite keen to do the deal and I think I did well as it did not cost me any more money. It is a very different riding experience, handling is way more responsive although I do have to rev the nuts off it to get it moving. Bring on the twisties now!! :)

Adam

2. Nice one mate. I hope this one gives you more riding pleasure than the KLE.

3. :shock: Take it back.

4. :eek:

Wow.... just WOW.

Well done Adam!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: That's awesome! Question is, if you really wanted a sportsbike - why didn't you get one with fairings? Or do you like the naked look?

xoxo
    R

ps - brand new?

5. bit shocked you went for a cbf250 after having the kle :shock: the cbf is not a sportsbike either :?

btw what didn't you like about the klr (sorry don't know much about them except) they a re a dual purpose and at more road then dirt from what i can gather :?

6. Good on you Rybky!

Hope this bike helps to develop the passion.

7. Not surprised the dealer was keen to do the deal, the cbf is alot cheaper. The CBF isn't even near a sportsbike either, but if you're happy with it thats what counts :)

8. Not surprised the dealer was keen to do the deal, the cbf is alot cheaper. The CBF isn't even near a sportsbike either, but if you're happy with it thats what counts :)

9. Not surprised the dealer was keen to do the deal, the cbf is alot cheaper. The CBF isn't even near a sportsbike either, but if you're happy with it thats what counts :)

10. Not surprised the dealer was keen to do the deal, the cbf is alot cheaper. The CBF isn't even near a sportsbike either, but if you're happy with it thats what counts :)

11. huh?

You swapped a KLE500 for a 250 single made in some busted arse country?

And where's the sports bike?

With LAMS now common knowledge I can see why the dealer was keen to offload the 250 single for something that is more sort after.

You're mad.

12. Think your postS got the point across.. :p

13. Hmm. I'm not sure you came out on top on that deal but at least you got a bike you like more.

Don't expect too much better in the twisties though. You've got a single cylinder with about half the power and much more than half the weight of the KLE.

It still is lighter though so that should make it easier to handle.

14. A straight swap for something that's the same age but cheaper, smaller and less well built. Wow, you really showed them who's boss. :p

At least you've got something you're happier with, just don't go swapping it in a few weeks for a CBR125.

15. :shock:

When's the next instalment of this soap opera?

16. Heeeey there's nothing wrong with Peaches! And last I heard they were GREAT for cornering because of its small wheels! :p

17. Nah next step up the ladder of sportiness will be to get a postie bike ;)

Oh dear - well to the OP - if you are happy, thats the only important thing. If the dealer sold you it claiming it was a sports bike I'd be having a few words with them though...its a low end commuter, nothing more. I'd have wanted a few extras thrown into the deal though seeing you swapped a better bike for a cheaper one.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it.

18. :LOL:
    Like that scene in "Dumb and Dumber" where they trade the dog van for a kids mini bike to ride up the Rocky Mountains:

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!"

19. Wow, that was a bold move.

It's still two wheels and if it makes you feel more comfortable when riding, even better.

*Looks out window at my KLE parked at work* :grin:

20. In that case maybe you should upgrade to one of these
    [​IMG]