Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Decent size tank protector

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by rabbit, Apr 7, 2008.

1. I'm trying to find a decent sized tank protector. The standard one I have doesn't cover enough of the tank.

I don't like the carbon fibre versions, however thats close to the size I'm after.

Google is being most unhelpful. (too many web pages with "tank protector" on them)

2. Try looking in auto stores. Some are now stocking clear self-adhesive sheets for protecting bumpers/bonnets from stone chips which you could cut to size. They would do far more than one bike so you could save what's leftover for future use or perhaps share the cost with someone else who wants to use it for the same thing. Could also be used to protect the front of the bike from stone chips (possibly also as a headlight protector).

3. Just buy a roll of bubble wrap :p

4. you could always check the bagster site to see if they make a full tank protector for your bike

the link here
    http://www.bagster.com/en/protege-reservoir.php

I have a pretty good half tank bra on my strom
    goodbye jacket scratches

Oh and I ordered mine in through Bikemart in Ringwood

Tracey