Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Decals, Badges and other ideas to hide scratch.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by fangsta, May 19, 2009.

1. I've recently removed the warning stickers from my GS500F (oooo...aaahhh), the first came easily, but the second one on the top of the fairing put up a fight.

Out comes the paint scraper (bad idea), I now have some scratches/small divet where the sticker used to be. Now I'm looking for something roughly 10cmX10cm to cover the white divet on the black plastic.

Some idea include

But Im not that really into Transformers

But there are already 2 of these on the tank.

Not really fussed on the Southern Cross flag or aussie flag.

Open to suggestions, but I don't think the missus would be happy with naked ladies.
  2. ummm....maybe whatever takes your fancy??
  3. You could try polishing them out if they're not too deep, or touch up paint.

4. It's a fine line balancing funny/cool/homoerotic/tough images.

I can't seem to find anything that takes my fancy, hence the 'what turns you on?' question
  5. Now that's just stupid, purple doesn't match my bike at all!!
  6. Stickers come off easily when you point a hairdryer at them for a minute or two, pity about the scratches.

Perhaps give the tank a coat of wax, might make the dents/scratches vanish, or look a lot less obvious at least. Use a good brand such as Meguiars. If it doesn't work, then you've got some good polish for the rest of the bike.

On stickers, I dunno. Fireball? 'Feed me'? Leaping tiger? Oil/carby/plug manufacturer decal? 'Intel inside'? Skys the limit. Give it some thought and tell us what you decide on.

Cheers - boingk
  7. get something like my old bike. it's pretty cool i think :p

It says "OUCH" . bandaid sticker. I had 1 on the right side of tank and 2 on the left side lol
  8. I like that. I bet a few people would have done a double take (when it's not moving)
  9. try merguires scratch-X