Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

decal vinyl

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by _joel_, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ok, so i got the goods to do the cutting with the computer and stuff to do my decals for both bikes, but i need to source the vinyl.
    does anyone know where i can get it?

its easier with the sticky-backed stuff but if not i have a machine that wangs a sticky back on it.
    im very much a noob at the decals, only made half a dozen but all working well. just need more vinyl!!!!

tried the local craft stores etc but they dont know either.....
  2. Most good signwriters carry Avery professional quality vinyl, try them.

I've used it plenty, it has good outdoor/weathering performance.
  3. Man how much did that set up cost u. that would be very handy. I would speak to a sign writer shop. They should be able to help you.
  4. more than 1k less than 2k but shhhh ;)
  5. hehe cool. i know who ill see for stickers now hehehe
  6. Where are you located? I could give you the name of my vinyl supplier but it won't be much good if your not in Melbourne.
    Also, vinyl come in many different qualities and types and the one you need depens on what job your planning to do.
    If your just practicing, get hold of a real of some cheap vinyl or 'real estate vinyl'. It's cheap, and called that because it only has to last 3 months.
    By 'last' I mean it will probably start to shrink after that time.
    Vinyl graphics can be a bit of a mine field but is also very rewarding.
    When you stand back for a look at a bike you've just created, it'll make you smile

This is one of mine.

7. located on south coast NSW.
    probably not close enough.

i read up on how they all work, and have been mucking around and am already stoked with my limited ability.

would certainly be good to get some quality stuff to use on the bikes.

nice job on that bike :grin:
  8. Nice job on the bike indeed, and an even nicer job behind the camera, if I may say!!
  9. Photos are by Stephen Piper of spbikepix www.spbikepix.com.
    He is an awesome photographer.

Here's another, my new favorite.