Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DECA Intruductory Course

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Fiery, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Hey, just did the DECA Introductory course which is now being offered. Had Duncan as instructor and he was great! We actually went at it for about 4.5 hours and he explained everything really well. We pretty much got up to going around in circles in first and got a bit of a feel for it.

Can't recommend it enough for newbies who want to get a feel for it to see if they like it. No stress, no time limits and heaps of one on one if needed.

2. Glad to hear it went well... sure sounds like an improvement on your last experience with DECA! I did my Ps with them in Launceston and found them to be great - mind you, all of the instructors used to work for Stay Upright anyway :wink:

3. Excellent. Glad it went well.

How big was the group?

4. 5 people - one instructor. Glad to see I wasn't the only one occassionally stalling and doing some jerky stops either. I will book myself in for a private lesson before attempting to do the course tho as I don't reckon I am good enough yet to get out of first gear and learn all that low speed riding and such. Practise practise practise.