Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Dec 30, 2014] Learner Friendly / Casual ride (Victoria)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by spenze, Dec 28, 2014.

Learner Friendly / Casual ride
Start Date: Dec 30, 2014 11:00
End Date: Dec 30, 2014 15:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

BP Rockbank
BP & McDonalds, 1929 Western Freeway

Posted By: spenze

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. I'm heading out for a ride in the sun for once and figured others may like to come along.

Although I'm stating this will be a learner friendly ride, I'm not saying that it would suit someone who just got a motorbike for Christmas. The ride will be at the speed limit, but that limit will be 80kph or above for most of the ride. There will also be some freeway involved, however there will be some more technical twisty sections involved. (meaning 25kph or slower corners, and some suburban rat-races)

It starts at the BP/McDonalds in Rockbank at 11am and will end in the Yarra Boulevard in Kew approximately 3pm. My best guess is that lunch will be in Woodend. It's only a short / quick 240km and you may bail at any stage.

The weather is looking to be average with a slight threat of rain (which usually means it won't rain).
    The ride will be on unless its a thunderstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If I wasn't on call, I would be there
  3. "On Call" just means you're being paid to wait.
    So do your waiting while riding :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Our 2hr response time blows that idea out of the water, of course all the sites that have the on call number are in the eastern suburbs, and a large majority of them are hospitals
  5. Shame I gotta work 3 more days :meh:
  6. Shame I live in NSW.

Well not really but you get my drift.....

I mean it's not like I don't like Victoria, it's a great place but it's a shame that due to the distance from my house to the start of the ride it's a bit far and would really negate the whole purpose of a 'Casual Ride'

Not that I have anything against casual riding and if your reading this my darling wife I am talking about going ot on a ride on a motorcycle for enjoyment, not that I don't enjoy spending time with you....
  7. Where did you put the baby seat Spenze? or you're doing the kangaroo thing?
  8. Looks like the weather will hold out for a while.
    On my way.
  9. Looks like a nice ride... Shame I'm working all week.
  10. Mate, its tomorrow, might be waiting a while if your fronting up now :]
  11. I got the day off zolzol .
    Wife needed a break from me.
  12. looking for a pass-out to take the learner next door out for the day
  13. If you manage to get a pass for either 2nd,3rd or the 4th and you are in the Sydney area I wouldn't mind joint up for a ride.
  14. Oops. Bloody Christmas. I don't even know what day it is. :wacky: It was nice to get out though.
    Rain held off until I was arriving at Woodend. Then a wet ride back home.
  15. see you there
  16. I'm up for a cruise. Need some miles.
  17. humm... start work at 3 tomorrow.

might turn up.
  18. Thanks Spenze for posting and leading the ride today and rider + pillion (sorry forgot names) for TEC.
  19. Thanks for organising the ride today Spenze.