Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Dec 24, 2015] Xmas Eve National Santa Ride (Everywhere)

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by Rexxy, Dec 20, 2015.

Xmas Eve National Santa Ride
Start Date: Dec 24, 2015 18:00
End Date: Dec 24, 2015 20:00
Time Zone: Asia/Vladivostok +10:00 +10

Your local suburb

Posted By: Rexxy

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. What: Ride in a Santa suit, decorate your ride.
    When: Around sundown, Christmas Eve, every year.
    Where: Your local suburb, or wherever you happen to be.
    Why: A bit of fun, please the kids, raise the profile of the general riding community, show drivers that bikers are human too.
    How: Slowly, 0-BAC (let's not become targets), no hooning or rev-bombing, be prepared to wave a lot, plenty of "Ho, Ho, Ho"s, try to avoid riding with other Santas, be courteous to everyone, and ride slowly through as many residential streets as you can.

This is not an organised event, more of a tradition in the making. A bit of fun and PR from the biker community to the wider community.

I wasn't able to do the Santa Ride this year, and I didn't want my Santa suit and specially modified for helmet Santa hat to go to waste, so I decided to do this myself. It would be great if this became a yearly tradition. If you want to get a local club or charity in on the act, feel free.
    I went for a test ride around Nundah a few weeks ago, and the reaction was priceless. Waves from kids, adults, plenty of toots, waves and thumbs up from drivers.
    A lot of fun, and guaranteed to give you and others a smile.

(mods - is there a way to make this a national event?)

2. The Hondear.

Attached Files: