Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Dec 21, 2014] Track Day SMSP/Eastern Creek 21 Dec 14 (Eastern Creek)

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Senator17, Sep 24, 2014.

Track Day SMSP/Eastern Creek 21 Dec 14
Start Date: Dec 21, 2014 07:00
End Date: Dec 21, 2014 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Ferrer's Rd
Eastern Creek

Posted By: Senetor17

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. I enjoyed my first track day so much, I've booked in for another one in a few months time, Sunday Dec 21st, 2014. If anyone is interested in joining me, please let me know.

2. Might join you. Booked on the 6th Dec already - just need to clarify the holiday season plan with family coming to visit.

3. I need 5 more riders to join me so that I can reserve a garage. Please let me know if you are interested.

4. Sorry, ended up booking the Saturday 20th Dec.

5. 5 Days and counting.......

6. Getting excited, can't wait

7. Sunday 21 December
    Summary
    light-showers.
    Min 19
    Max 27
    Possible shower.
    Sydney area
    Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.

8. Senator17Senator17 , LionzLionz - Weather prediction looking good!

Things to remember to take that I always seem to forget:
    1. Flip flops
    2. Clothes hanger
    3. Energy drink mix (Gatorade etc)
    4. Low GI snack or fruit
    5. Chair
    6. Completed paperwork

Bike has been washed, fuelled up, chain check and lube, tyre pressures done. See you all there tomorrow morning....

9. All good chaps, tally ho!

Just loading up now. More exciting than Xmas ever was. See you in the morning.
    Cheers

10. G'day fellas. Nice to have met in person yesterday. Hope your last couple of sessions went well.

Hobbling and a little sore - bit of bruising on my thigh/calf this morning! Oh well, it was a fun day all in all.
    Lionz

11. Last session my best of all!

Just glad everyone got to 'walk' home at the end of the day! Was nice meeting you all and hope to share some more adventures in future.

Will post some pics up later.

12. Glad everyone had a good day and that you are all ok. Last two sessions were the best as we got to go the full sessions without any early stoppages. In our group, 2nd, 3rd and 4th sessions all had some delays due to falls/Crashes. While the other groups were also having falls in many of their sessions throughout the day. I'm very happy with the development of my riding skills, even having the balls of my feet on the pegs, I scraped the toe sliders in my boots, and the left foot peg, so now I know how far over my bike will go. Also for the first time I activated the ABS on my front brakes. That certainly lets you know you are braking hard, it shook the whole bike. So I'm learning my limits and the limits of the bike. Can't wait to book my next one. Once the photos arrive I'll post up a report on the day.

13. Good to hear Sen.
    I've got my eye on Saturday Feb 28th at the moment.

14. Unfortunately I can't do Saturdays, I'll be looking for a Sunday when I can make it to the next one.

15. Senator17Senator17 - Following Sunday dates shown on their site for 2015

March 1
    June 21st

I'm looking at doing the Toprider Coaching and setup day on Sunday 15th Feb. You get coached (one to 15 coach ratio), free pictures during the day. They spend about 3 laps behind you on some sessions to observe and use the pictures after each session to analyse and teach. Also lap timers fitted to test your consistency and track progress. $278

16. Senator17Senator17 - The picture of the day as far as I'm concerned! TMP_5774.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. I prefer this one,
    TMP_5782b.

Just received my photo's from Tim Munro and they are beauties. I'm sure that we both got the some photo on our portfolios. This is one in a sequence of photos showing how much fun we were having/

18. TMP_5466b.
    This is as low as she'll go. I have my feet on the pegs on the balls of my feet, left boot toe and toe slider have touched down and so has the hero peg. Unless I remove the hero pegs, put in shorter ones or change rearsets, I don't think she can go any lower. Plus to get the bike any lower, other parts might start touching down as well.

19. Great photos!!! I am so jealous...maybe one day I'll get there..sigh
    Senator17Senator17 ditch the hero pegs....

20. Nah, I'm going to leave the hero pegs as I don't want other parts of the bike touching down. If the side stand touches down, it can get nasty as it can throw the bike off line and maybe me down the road. Or if the belly pan touches down, that will leave nasty scars on the bike. The hero pegs are there to let you know how far is enough. If I end up grinding them away, I'll replace them. More photos and a write up to come. TMP_5320b.