Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Dec 2, 2013] Great Ocean Rd/Adelaide Hills/Grampians

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Jul 23, 2013.

Great Ocean Rd/Adelaide Hills/Grampians Adventure
Start Date: Dec 2, 2013 08:00
End Date: Dec 6, 2013 08:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

McDonald's Western Ring Rd Ardeer
Vic 3022

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    ADELAIDE, HERE WE COME!!! :sneaky:

:peace: :peace:

Time for something a little different:

-A 5 Day Trip along Great Ocean Road to visit Adelaide and return via Grampians.

-As well as the trips into the High Country and the weekenders down GOR, I thought I'd put together a ride just that bit further west so we can explore some of what South Australia has on offer for us keen bike riders :applause:

-Places en-route include Mt Gambier, Cape Jervis, Birdwood, Hahndorf, Strathalbyn and Halls Gap, not to mention the many towns along GOR and the beautiful Limestone Coast. The Adelaide Hills are a well known mecca for riders and I'm eager to get back there after a long absence.

-We'll see the Big Lobster at Kingston SE, have the opportunity of crossing the Murray River on the Wellington Punt, visit the national Motor Museum at Birdwood, also a stop in the German settlement of Hahndorf while we're over there is on the agenda.

RIDE LEVEL: 4 See: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/#post-2611160
    WHEN: Monday 2nd-Friday 6th December
    MEET: 8am McDonald's Western Ring Rd Ardeer (Sth bound)
    LEAVE: 8-30am sharp (please don't be late) :)
    COST: $178

Please feel free to post here or PM me with any questions about the trip.

-Brusa PAID
    -Desmo1968 PAID
    -Zol PAID
    -Biker Fred PAID
    -Ned PAID
    -ScharfsinnFFM PAID
    -Mrs Brusa PAID

Ned :D
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hey Ned, you already know I'm in!

Cheers, Desmo (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm in!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Radelaide, enough said!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm in....oh wait I'm already here
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. #6 blackadder, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    I'm in for this one.. look forward to riding around the adelaide hills

EDIT: Just checked and it looks like I'll be attending a conference at that time.. :(

EDIT: Conference is on the 10th.. I misread.. I'm in.. Woohoo
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Money sent. :D
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. WOW!! You guys really are keen! :D Close call hey Blackadder, looks like you're in then. Thanks for payment too.

Wednesday 4th will see us exploring the Adelaide Hills region RRdevil, so you're welcome to come and meet some of us fellow Vic riders and spend some time carving up the corners, assuming you live in the area and you've got the free time to do so (y)
  9. Payment received, thanks Desmo :riding: (y)
  10. Well this trip filled up quick with lots of "interested" people!:eek: The planned itinerary sounds like a hoot, great roads, great scenery and some great company.(y) But only if you put your money down before someone else does. :sleep:..... MONEY SENT:whistle:
  11. Yep, will be a good one Brusa, still playing around with the route to make sure we get as many of the best bike roads covered as we can in the time we have over there, not forgetting the interesting places to stop at too:playful:

Thanks for your payment, the opening post has been amended to show this. Only 2 places to fill now :D
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ned, count me in, please email me bank details and i'll fix it up straight away.
    It is going to be great!
  13. Ned, Found the bank details, phew, payment made, bring it on!!
  14. #14 Ned, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Thanks Fred, all good. That fills the last spot of 6 riders. If anyone pulls out there maybe someone willing to take that spot.

Brusa PAID
    Desmo1968 PAID
    Zol PAID
    Biker Fred PAID
    Ned PAID
    Blackadder PAID

If group riding is your thing and you're able to get a week annual leave in November, you may like to consider this:
  15. i've put a note in my diary.
  16. any chance we can catch up with you, @Blabbs
  17. Im up for some face to face abuse-what day and date.
  18. Hey Blabbs, wednesday 4th sees us spending the day in and around Adelaide Hills, hope to be able to catch up with a few members from SA while we're there.
  19. Where are you drinking beer that night ?
  20. I have no idea why but I always thought Blabbs came from Sydney?