Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

debug problem in Outlook - Heeeelp

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Brian26146, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Hi all

Sorry it's me again.

I had a major crash and had to re install windows xp with a clean install.

Got most stuff working ok again but the Outlook is giving me a headache. It constantly wants to debug.
    It gives me an error line as below -

document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();

Any idea of what this means and how do I fix it?

Appreciate any help I get. Thanks

Brian

2. Delete and recreate your profile. (In Mail in control panel). You might have to select classic mode for it to be visible (in control panel).

Justin.

3.  Top
  4. Although I think this should be fixed first, I second Vic's notion of installing thunderbird. And firefox is an absolute must.

Justin.

5. I think Shift+F11 (F12?) brings up the scripting window. Check to see if you have any custom scripts in your install.

Are you using Outlook, or Outlook Express? If the latter, ignore above scripting comment, and follow advice regarding Thunderbird. It is a far better e-mail client than Outlook Express. Itt is not, however, a substitute for Outlook, particularly in business applications (no calendar, for starters).

6. Thank you all for your replies and advice.

Will be attending to this prob in the next few minutes. Will post what happens.

7. As promised here is what I did.

I don't know why I didn't think of it first. Stupid.

I went into the help item and clicked on 'repair'. It fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help anyway, will keep in mind in future.

8. Wow - you must be in that lucky 5% where Microsoft's built-in self-repair technology actually works! ;)

Ok, so maybe it's 10% these days... but still. :p