Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Debug mode, 503 message when posting

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Bond Girl, Feb 19, 2005.

1. My last 2 posts have come up with a 503 error message & debug mode message, anyone else had this?

2. 2 of my last 3 posts have had error messages, I don't remember the number.

I'll post this one and if it does it again I'll cut and paste the message and post again :)

3. OK... it didn't do it this time!

4. This was the error message.

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 503 must have sender and recipient first

DEBUG MODE

Line : 184
    File : e:\websites2\netrider.net.au\forums\includes\smtp.php

5. When you get the debug mode message, don't resubmit your post, it will have already been entered. I'm sure that jason is working on the problem and all be back to normal soon :)

6. Thanks Deb! Yeah I found that post still went thru!

7. It has something to do with moving from UNIX servers to WINBLOWS servers our new host is running.

Still a few minor bugs, but yeah, Jason is working on them.

8. DOHL! This was supposed to be fixed yesterday. Ahh well, back to the diagnostics. Thx people.

9. Aahh!! That explains it all. Good ol Bill Gates and the Micr$oft Windoze Virus... oops, Im mean operating system

Best of luck Jason.

JJ

10. copped 2 more of these this morning! oh well Jason just as well you've got sooooo much time on your hands atm! lol! Good luck with it mate!

11. Apologies to people still getting these. It's an unusual error message not commonly experienced, so is a little hard to track down. It doesn't occur on every posting, just some. I am looking into it and will hopefully resolve it shortly. For now, just remember that if you do get it (it's doesn't always occur) your reply still gets posted so there's no need to try it again.

The error messge your getting is...

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 503 must have sender and recipient first

DEBUG MODE

File : [...]smtp.php

12. Just to be annoying....I've had

DEBUG MODE

File : e:\websites2\netrider.net.au\forums\includes\smtp.php

four times this afternoon. I think I only double posted once, though!

:D :D :D

13. Sometimes I get those messages and sometimes I dont, but all the messages get posted though. :D

14. After a long time, I'm fairly confident that I've finally tracked down the source of this problem and resolved it :)

Could anyone who still gets this error message for any posts from now onwards please let me know. Thanks.