Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

debaffle exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by ardent87, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hi guys just want to know instead of spending big bucks on an exhaust system for my suzuki boulevade c50 .....can I just remove the baffles to ge a better note and how can i go about it.

2. Hole saw, power drill, multigrips, broom handle and about 2 hours of your time. should see the job done, this is where google is your friend, endless vids available on DIY baffle removal.
  3. If they're the typical end-can with a ring of restricting metal and a small central hole for exhaust gas, I'd suggest drilling four 6mm holes, equally spaced around the stock central hole.

I've done this recently to my 1100 and it does provide a bit more get-up-and-go, as well as a slightly free-er, more throaty note. Its also free, providing you have a power drill and a bit. Don't? Get a drill for $30 and a set of bits for another $15 from Supercheap. Keep the warranty card.

Cheers - boingk
  4. tks for all your input......still undecided...will do some more research...a question though, what are the legalities on doing this
  5. Illegal. Also irreversible if you get pinged for a too loud exhaust. If you ever sell the bike, it may not pass a roadworthy as is. If you still want to go through with it, get a second hand set to keep stock.
  6. Yeah I concur, buy an aftermarket exhaust (I got mine for $450) and if you need to pass an RWC for sale you can put the stock back on.
  7. OK here's the rub,

Option 1.. modify your existing stock cruiser pipe with a power drill and hole saw, yes you might get "Yellow carded" and if you do.. you go out and purchase stock pipes of EBAY for $150.

Option 2. Take your stock cruiser pipes off and spend $650 on aftermarket pipes, flog your stockies off for $150 on EBAY.

I prefer Option 1. that's what I did 8 months ago..