Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Death Magnetic

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bravus, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Just bought it, listening for the first time right now.

Sounds like Metallica. ;)

2. I think I'm destined to be forever disappointed with Metallica, Bravus.

At least the songs are starting to get back to a decent length now and Hammett is playing good solos again. Lars drumming sounds really lame; nothing like the powerhouse days of old.
  3. It's better than St Anger... but not great.

I've got a new bloke here at work who brought in a kickarse stereo and a 1/8" jack, so we've been having mp3 wars :)
    Yesterday was solid Master of Puppets + And Justice For All.

... they just aren't writing/performing 'em like they used to, that's fer damn sure.
  4. Think I need to come work with you bro :cool:
  5. If you don't mind a bit of Dream Theater, you'd have lurved today.
  6. Big fan of "kill em all" :cool: "Motorbreath" was the first ever Metallica song i ever heard. Love the start. Did'nt mind St.anger. After having reload,load as the "New Metallica" we had to accept, St anger was a welcomed suprise. A hint of the good old days. Still "Helpless" from the original "garage" ep was and still is Absolutely insane. If only Metallica could sound like that all the time. Haven't heard the new album yet. Will go and purchase it soon and slowlyly start listening to it. Something tells me though it will never beat the first five albums. :cool: