Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Death in Marysville

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by vic, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Anyone have any news on the death of a rider at Marysville yesterday?

Apparently a 4WD was involved in a hit and run.
  2. didnt hear anythin on the news,if its a hit n run i hope the prick is caught.
  3. oops ..no
    just checked the Age site again....

unfortunately you appear correct

from The Age site...
    police are seeking the owner of a four wheel drive who may have been involved in the death of a 33-year-old motorcyclist in Cambarville in Victoria's east about 1.30pm (AEDT) yesterday.

Police said the motorcyclist lost control of his bike but they are investigating his death as another possible hit and run.

if true

and condolences :(
  4. from police media

22 January 2005

Police are investigating the death of a motor cyclist in an accident at Cambarville this afternoon.

The incident happened about 1.30 pm at the intersection of the Marysville – Woods Point Road and the Warburton – Woods Point Road.

Police believe the 33-year-old who was travelling south lost control of his motor cycle.

He died at the scene a short time later.

Police have been told a blue 4 wheel drive vehicle with a trailer containing several off road motorcycles may have been in the vicinity at the time and wish to speak to this driver.

Anyone with any information is asked to call Crime Stoppers on
    1800 333 000.

Road Toll 2005 - 18
    2004 - 24

Senior Constable Karla Dennis
    Media Officer
  5. Re: Death about 35km from Marysville

Just before everyone goes jumping to conclusions and making broad generalizations and sends out a lynchmob to hang the car driver....

The informaion I have is probably better than that released by police media, because I heard it second hand, at the scene, from people who spoke to the rider, rather than the person who made the media release, who probably got it 3rd or 4th hand.

The accident occurred about halfway up Reefton spur, 15km north of the Reefton Pum. Nobody actually witnessed the accident, however there were a couple of other riders who arrived at the scene within moments. The rider told them that he took evasive action to avoid a mid-corner collision with an oncoming 4WD but could not say whether it was the 4WD or he who was on the wrong side or too close to the white line.

He was conscious until the ambulance arrived and stopped breathing when he was being loaded in the back. I'm sure it was a rather sobering conclusion for all those who had been with him while he waited for the ambulance.