Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept it

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Loz, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ...is to trace a business name:

AA MASSAGE THERAPIST

This is for a friend of mine who suspects her significant other may have been fooling around on her. The above business name has turned up on his bank statement with a $209 charge. That's either the most expensive massage in Melbourne, or a bit of dodgy on the side - and brothels are well known to use false business names on bank statements.

I know we have some very resourceful folks here at NR, so if you know of any way to trace this back for proof of shonky and shambolic behaviour, my friend and I would be delighted to hear about it, so she can confront this low-down dog with irrefutable evidence.

Please, no speculation on motives, morals etc - that's a different discussion for a different day. For now, content yourself with the scent of blood on the wind, and hunt down a bastard for me.

I have faith in you all. :twisted:

2. Is this like stalking ????

3. Im thinking that massage ended with a happy ending.

4. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

Need more info.
    AA massage could also be used in local paper classifieds and the AA being used to be up the top of the cassifieds.
    AA ia also australia Accupuncture
    As for the price no massage costs that much (Yes I'm a qualified massage therapist)
    The going rate for 90 minutes is about $90 or $100 tops.
    There is definitely something fishy going on.

5. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

What's this blokes private life got to do with any of you ????

6. ABN lookup reveals nothing. Not likely trading name.

7. If it's on the bank statement then it's just the account name, not necessarily the trading name or registered business/company name.

8. He may also have bought her a gift voucher........ :cool: :LOL: :oops:

9.  Top
  10. PMSL!! :p :LOL:

11. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

Roger, will check that out.

12. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

Move along then, nothing to see here.

13. Agreed - but having opened businesses and business accounts of my own, I seem to remember having to prove ownership of the business name before I could open the account. So I wonder if there's a way of back-tracing that name to find an address, a nominated registrar, etc?

14.  Top
  15. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

Loz,
    Why do you want to bring this guy undone ??
    Some other motive perhaps ??
    Are you secretly in love with her ??
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

16. It could be legit. Do they charge more if they travel to the clients?
    http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/AA-Pampering-Palms-Mobile-Massage

Is your friend in Melb Loz? Location would narrow the search.

Get your friend to check other statements. If she can work out a pattern, she may be able to predict the day and time of the next "visit". From there she may be able to find out where he is at that particular time and find out how legitimate the visit is. :wink:

17. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

This is part of a larger story that I can't post. Rest assured, he's a mongrel. And yeah, I love her to bits as a mate, and would happily let her go a few rounds with the champ if my missus wouldn't thump me for it. :grin:

18. Yep mate, in Melbourne.

Tracing a pattern is very unlikely to be possible from this point, sadly.

The bloke did get the occasional legit massage, and she knows exactly where he went for those, so she'd consider it highly unlikely that this charge was anything to do with massage.

19. Re: Dear internet sleuths... Your mission, should you accept

Ahhhh...the old "we're just mates" line. !!!! Gee, never heard that one before.
    The plot thickens somewhat.

20. if hes obviously a scoundrel regardless why does she need proof to ditch him?

not that it doesnt make it easier.