Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dear Cross City Motorway

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ktulu, Sep 6, 2006.

1. To:
    Cross City Motorway
    Locked Bag 8500
    Potts Point, NSW, 1335

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find enclosed a Toll Notice received by mail on the 6th September 2006.

Grounds for objection:

On the date specified, I did not use the Cross City Tunnel at the time stated. Nor did I use it at all that day.
    I know this because I have never used the Cross City Tunnel, whether riding a motorcycle or driving a car.

I presume reviewing the evidence will show another vehicle with an unclear or obscured numberplate matching that of my motorcycle, and now consider the matter closed.

If you have any questions or require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Pfft. I wouldn't use the Cross City Tunnel... I'm Australian dammit! No-one closes off streets and forces ME to drive anywhere.
    I oughta invoice them for postage and wasted time to file the written objection...

Side note - alleged infraction at 08:21 - when that was the 2nd day of my new job which I start at 08:30 in Wetherill Park :eek:

They must be desperate for cash.

SuperHappyLightningRoundBonusSideNote - I have been told to use a toll-pass on a bike, you should have those little velcro dots on it + bike windscreen + car windscreen... then you can just take it with you. Not perfect, but you know - if you're using your bike to get to work in the city etc. it might be an idea [obviously soft velcro on the pass so it doesn't catch in your pocket when you don't leave it on your bike].

ZomgTripleMegaAwesomaDeathBeamSideNote - the notice was issued to vehicle "Motorcycle and/or Sidecar"... so if you have a sidecar, you should totally train a passenger to lean over and cover your numberplate with your hand when you do the barney through the tolls :grin:

AmazingWhackyShavenScro... just kidding, I'm done.