Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dealing with stress

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by es, Feb 10, 2006.

1. I had a bad day... how do you deal with stress?

I just did what I really really needed to do - screamed at the top of my lungs while riding on the freeway

then smashed up a centerlink office.
    I feel so much better now!
  2. Out of batteries, eh?
  3. ride, fly or kill (fps pc games) :LOL:
  4. in this mood id just do damage to myself.
    "make love not war" doesnt work if you are already in a battle.
  5. Ride to the beach, put on your mp3 player and go to sleep.

Wake up when you're freezing and go home.

You can go gym, pumping weights is good when you're stressed :LOL:
  6. Little JIMMY BEAM :grin: :grin:
  7. maybe ill get stuck into the chocolate :)

rum truffles ;)
  8. :idea:Kick the BF out! :twisted: :grin:
  9. I'm all for just riding (unless you're really in a bad way). Pick a road that you don't know or have to concentrate on. If you have to focus on the road to stay upright it leaves little room for "stressed" thoughts

Puts the world back into perspective I find :)
  10. Bottling things up isn't generally a good idea long term... finding somewhere secluded and screaming and throwing things can help (I'm not sure screaming on the freeway instead of concentrating on the traffic around you is then best place though!).

Failing that I find that a serious adrenalin rush helps heaps... you need to be in the 'zone' for that to be safe with bikes though...
  11. I just bottle all my anger and stress up :?
  12. Yeah, bottle it up for say 25 years, then go in one day and kill all the employees at work. Works for the Yanks!
    Personally, I come home and lie down for a bit, then a long hot shower works wonders, then some nice food.

Regards, Andrew.
  13. I rode whilst really angry and stressed once..........
    only once.......
    My bike ended up in the gutter on the other side of a 4 lane road, I ended up in the second lane.

I don't recommend riding when not fully concentrating in the job in hand. (and no "the job in hand" does not require batteries in this case :roll: )

I suggest doing something that normally makes you "chill out", that doesn't involve complicated machinery.
    The gym is good if you're that way inclined, endorphines are a known good mood inducer.
    A boxers "punching bag" is brilliant, just go to town on the bastard!, if the cause of the stress is ahuman, well, a photo really sharpens the aim :wink:

Glass (bottle) of red and someone to share it with, once the red loosens the tongue the whole mess is verbally expunged, and it's amazing how de-stressing that is.

14. I used to go to the middle of nowhere and scream at the top of my lungs whilst I threw things. Nowadays I try and control myself and see if I can work out a solution, if I cant I try and lose myself in the net, or on the xbox.

Of course there are different reactions for different circumstances, so I guess it would depend on what happened to make you so jacked off.
  15. I play competitive sport and that helps heaps
    Taking your frustrations to the gym is also good as is angry sex.
    Have some angry sex.
  16. i bottle it up most of the time :D

or put on some hip-hop style headphones, put on some of the most angry music you can, full volume, and play BF2 :D

get in that big bomber plane, and bomb the shit out of people as they spawn.

or teamkill

17. Take up drums or guitar.. possibly the only way I made it to 21.
  18. I hope this makes you smile
    it is what i say to anyone that tell me i am stressed
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Stressed you say :shock:
    stressed am i :shock:
    stressed huh :shock:
    why do you say i am stressed :?:
    just because you think i am stressed doesnt mean i am stressed :roll:
    i am getting stressed beacuse you keep telling me i am stressed :?
    if you don't get out of here i am going to be very stressed :?
    how stressed am i :?:
    well if you keep telling me i am stressed i am going to become very stressed :roll:
    and make you very stresed with what i am about to do in my becoming strressed state :grin:
    bacause you keep telling me i am stressed
    :LOL: THUD :LOL:

AAaaaahhhhhhh i feel better now :grin: :grin:

Oh You feel stressed WHY :?:
  19. I'm only a noob, got my L's last month, still dont have a bike, but I'm so close to buying one (get to the point, yeah yeah I know, do it.....)

And the point is, my purchase date for a bike was looking to be the start of feb, couple of days before I had some really heavy s*#t on my mind and this carried for a good week or so. In my state of mind I was smart enough to realise that if I was to buy a bike at this time, I was going to kill myself, or end up gravely injured. So I still dont have a bike now, as much as I really really want one.

As fate may have it, I'm waiting on the Hyosung GT250R shipment to come in, so I've got some time under my belt to sort the head out before getting my bike. YAY WOOT WOOT :LOL:

My usual way of relieving stress is to play my guitar, heavy distortion, stumming hard. Very theraputic! I also like to go for drives in my cage (love my car too) music pumping, just driving.
  20. Didn't someone mention bottle, thats it, bottle, a few of them, they are great for stress, feel like sh*t the next day but.