Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dealer trying to screw me? Silver 2010 Sprint ST?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by TRA, May 6, 2011.

1. So I am doing a bit more research on the Triumph Sprint ST. They have silver ones in stock at team moto stores. Dealer tells me that new 2011 models are in black and red only, and dont come with panniers. The more I look around, the more I think they are trying to sell me a 2009 model, because it seems that 2010 models are also only Black and red. Not that I care, because I want the silver one. But if it is indeed a 2009 model then they are going to have to come down a bit more on dollars.

So here is a question, did the 2009 model come with panniers, or was it an option. Perhaps they are adding the panniers to try and sell off the old stock?

Eitherway, I will check out the plate tomorrow and find out. Be nice to walk in straight up and confront them about it.

2. All recent Sprints in Australia come with panniers as standard. The 2011 model ST (which doesn't have panniers) isn't coming here at all, just the GT, which has panniers.

PS. If you're buying new get the GT, it has upgrades that are actually an upgrade, like better headlights and better seat due to no underseat exhaust.

3. The dealer is saying that there is an 2011 ST, no panniers.

I prefer the ST over the GT because of its size. This has to be a daily commuter for me, and I felt the GT was getting on the big side. Same reason I am looking at the VFR800 over the bigger VFR.

4. I have 2009 ST Black and as metioned they came with panniers........
    I prefer the ST over the GT but would like the head lights.

5. The owner of team Moto's daughter is married to the Owner of Pro's son. They "use" to get along. Not any more. Play em off against each other. They hate losing sales to one another.
    Just a little tip for you.

6. If you're worried about the build date, just check the VIN tag on the bike. Build date will bet there.