Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dealer or Performance workshop?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Paulstar3, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I want to take my Ninja 636 for a major service.

Dealer said $860 to $1100 (the latter being if the shims need shimming)

S&R Pro say $750-$1000 (the later being if the shims need shimming, not really too confident on the price)

I'm based out west but don't mind dropping it off anywhere.

Whatdya recommend guys? Sounds pricey to me but I never go to mechanics so i don't know better.

2. Hey mate I have the same bike. Is this the 24000km service? I will need to have this done soon too. The price sounds about right to me, but if I was you I would just ring around like you have done. Also based west of where? If Sydney I always use Lloyd Penn for my services (Artarmon) and he always does a good joob.
  3. Hi Thanks for replying,

I just rang them and they have a spot for tomorrow so i booked it in $850-980 depending on what shims it will need. =D> and they will have it back to me by the end of the day.
  4. =D>

Got the bike back yesterday at 5pm as promised.

All around im very happy with the customer service and the quality of the work done on the bike, They sourced e a coolant reservoir and fitted it at the same time. Bike runs much better, turns much better and has been given a clean bill of health \\:D/

5. Good to hear. I've taken all my bikes to Lloyd over the last few years and always got looked after. Paul if you haven't already you should drop one tooth on your front sprocket. Very cheap mod for a bit of extra pull down low...
  6. how many km was the service for? im due for my 24000km and really dont wanna be forking out a grand