Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

dealer damaged my bike

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by xcal, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hi guys

My 08 R1 was written off in August so QBE brought me a new 08 R1 from a dealer, I've picked the bike up last week and on the weekend I've taken it out to do abit of cleaning I've discovered some damages on the fairing, like a slash on the lower right fairing that looks like they damaged it with another bike when they were re-organising their bikes every night, some paint chipped off from the undertail fairing at the back and also what looks like a stone bounced at the intake at the nose cone. Just wondering if there anything I can do to get things sorted?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

2. Approach the dealer ffs. How can we do anything about it?
    If the dealer is an ass, then contact QBE and get into them.
  3. Stone chips are free. You will get them very easily. What's to say it didn't happen on the way home from the dealer?
    The other damage though, I'd be asking for them to fix it.
  4. I've contacted the dealer as you said I should and they said bring it in and they will take a look.
  5. I agree stone chips are plenty, but it has grease on it.

So I'm not quite sure they are from me from riding less than a 2 km to home.