Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Deadliest catch's phil Harris dies

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by waedwe, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Bugger.

For some inexplicable reason I'm obsessed by this show ("whats your favourite tv show?" "Deadliest Catch - its a show about crab fishing in the Bering Sea" *cue blank stare*) and have been glued to it from the first season.

Captain Phil didn't have the best health record and had a major scare last season.

2. Yeah, tragic indeed. It is a great show and I for one marvel at the "balls" that these guys have doing that job.

RIP Phil.
  3. These guys work and play hard, a very addictive show! RIP Capt.
  4. Wow, damn to that :( From the few shows I've seen, he seemed a tough but nice guy. But I guess the smoking like a chimney (I think he was the guy who gave up for 2 hrs at most or something/??) didn't help eh At least he will be immortalised somewhat with the show :)
  5. what a shame, didnt he have problems ages ago on a show
  6. Yep, he'd been crook before and led a less than healthy lifestyle. I remember the show where he got very sick and called for medical advice. The nurse would only tell him to go to hospital immediately and seem uninterested in his attempts to explain his location and why he couldn't come straight in. He was certainly less than impressed with her.

This is very sad. He was an extremely entertaining character on the show and seemed to be a passionate man with a great desire and ability to lead and protect his crew. My condolances to his family. :(
  7. Not often this stuff interests me much, but I love this show and Phil.. hope his boys can carry on.. hard thing to lose someone like that.
  8. I'm going to miss watching him catch crabs.
  9. havent watched it for a while, used to watch it all the time, and i remember him.