Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

De Baffle a Yoshi TRC Tri Oval Carbon Fibre ?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Ross_247, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here has De-Baffled a Yoshi TRC, have read of different methods but no Exact Answer.

From what i gather its as simple as drilling out the rivets on the Cap, and then I would have access to the screw, then obviously Re-rivet it back together ? ?

If someone could confirm this would be Good.

2. Last TRS Tri-oval I looked at had just some allen bolts in the back end cap, undo those and the baffle unit comes out into your hand, bolt the end cap back on.

You are talking about a TRC which is slightly different, if you can't find
    any bolts to undo I suggest you email technicalrequest@yoshimura-rd.com
    and ask them BEFORE you drill any rivets, because it's hard to get the rivets looking original again. The website says "easily removable low volume insert", I believe drilling rivets ain't that easily removable for most people so there may be another way.
  3. Thanks for the info, yeah im abit reluctant to get the drill out just yet, but have already had a look and there dosnt appear to be anything to unbolt etc from the outside caseing which is anoying. ..

Thanks for the info
  4. I have a Yoshi tri-oval (2006) but in stainless steel not in carbon fibre.

I de-baffled it when I was in Tassie at SSMacks place with Kitzo and a couple of other netriders.

The process involved angle grinding off the surface of the single rivet to the lower edge of the baffle and then drilling out that rivet.

That made the baffle loose(ish).

The problem I think faced was that the baffle is quite long and the inner tube is at an angle to the exit hole which meant that it had to go around the bend (sort of).

In practice it took an hour and a half and involved a lot of pulling, swearing and several beers to actually remove it.

Sounded heaps better after it was done though :grin:

I'm not sure you could do it exactly that way as the outer stainless tube on my tri-oval would be lots more durable than carbon fibre would be to the brute force approach we used.