Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DBM (Dodgy Backyard Motorcycles)... at it AGAIN !

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by FormerUser1, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Just a a few short weeks after our last scoop ( the new K7 model CT-RR aka WTF110) from a Melbourne Suburbs Safeway car park, we’re hot on the heels of yet another DBM-release.
    (see previous story here: ) https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22900&start=0)

!!! DBM- Australia -----Dodgy Backyard Motorcycles !!!!!
    has announced another resounding success in their bike breeding program with last night’s arrival of their newborn….. The model designation it anyone's guess, "THE BIG WTF !!!" would be the most logical option.

A perfect example of the successful program, some small corrective surgery is still required post-natal, but should be “a piece-of-cake” according to the Chief Lab-rat and king-wrench.

Dubbed “The Immaculate Conception”, the project has apparently taken a slow and painful 5 months to bear the current results.

Campbell’s and Continental have started a bidding war, both wanting a foot-in-the-door on DBM Australia’s “All-Souped-Up” slogan.

Investors worldwide are again falling over themselves and each other to cash in on the boom that started with the Pirates of the Caribbean and now extends to the <quote> Farkwits of the Pacific <quote>.

Trading slowed after the first reaction of local Victorian Premier
    “I-Breacks-It ….and that’s the way it’s gonna stay”, falling out of his hammock when torn from his champagne&caviar-induced, taxpayer-funded, coma.
    While on a Hampton Island beach at another work meeting, the Premier’s first reaction to the new was: “Wipe Off 5”.
    It was apparent that he’d wiped off more than that during the previous night’s beach- party.

Rev. Fred Nile has announced his visit for later on this week to check out the company’s garage for possible gay activities in the bike-breeding program…

In a congratulatory telegram Prime Minister John Howard promised, from the other end of the Hampton Island Beach, to railroad retrospective tax-legislation through the senate to <quote> “Tax the living shit out of them before they re-locate to China” <quote>

All up, a successful day for DBM- Australia which is still overwhelmed by the reactions. Speculation and rumours are running hot of what the hell’s next from that shonky bunch of grease monkeys….

Dumbo Doodlehead
    Fuggwit Press
  2. there is only one word to describe it............

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  3. :) ta
    It's been a shitload of fun, too...can't wait till you get started.
    Anyone knows of a pretzeled DL650 I can lay my grubbies on?
  4. That's spectacular Glitch!
    Has a very purposeful look to it indeed. Is this a buy-&-sell job or did it have financial backing from another party?
  5. WoW awsam!!

Man once I have some financials again I'll be realising the much spoken about "secret project" now named as RTD650
  6. :LOL: It DID look that good when it left here :p :p
    You didn't want me to take the chainsaw to it... :LOL: :LOL:
  7. :LOL: Interested? :LOL: :wink:

Naw, not for sale, that one....Marty's right, the pics don't do it justice.
    Sold the last Pegaso we had and that's the replacement.
  8. Good on ya glitch !!!!! :wink:
  9. Have enjoyed following the progress.

Looks sensational - must give you some pleasure to be riding something you've built from a write off.

10. Yo...only that I'll hardly get the chance...the better half seems to have a firm and permanent booking on this :LOL: :LOL:
    But there's always the shake-down squirt after servicing....(which that bike needs every 300km or so :LOL: :LOL: )
  11. Sold the Pegaso a lot quicker than expected, so luckily the finances for this one weren't the problem.
  12. Looking forward to seeing her on the road.

Clearly a stunt machine :grin:
  13. To you even the dunny's a stunt machine :LOL: :LOL:
    Will be a few weeks still to get through that paper-mountain called VIV-report/ RWC/Vicroads and all...
  14. Hey mate I WARNED you to give it a wide berth for at least 20 minutes!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
  15. How much $$ is the red tape these days?? I have heard ViV has gone up...
  16. VIV $440 incl. GST
    RWC around $50
    No idea what the VicRoads charge is nowadays, last time 'twas about $38 or so...plus plates and other small crap/ rego $~~500... stampduty should still be the same or thereabouts. $8/ for every broken $200 of value.
    I'll find out soon enough :)
  17. hey glitch, good work on the build. if you've got experiences dealing with reviving an auction bike, i might pick your brains in the near future. i'm after a new stunt machine and it's silly trashing a minty so an auction piece is the go. but i'm just overwhelmed by the process and what not. i know that all replacement parts need to have receipts to stop the use of stolen parts. i have heard an easier way to to remove parts off a bike that you own and list the vin from the source bike. who is doing the viv inspection?
  18. VicRoads assigns you the closest VIV-place to you. Drop vehicle off in the morning, pick up at night. Owner/ applicant NOT to be present when they're going through it.
    Sportsbikes at auctions are fairly expensive/ popular and often not worth
    a repair to original condition (considering the admin cost on top of the auction price plus around $12-1400 (plus stamp-duty) fixed cost nowadays for the paperstuff/ fees around time of rego.
    Track bike is fine....anything needing rego afterwards is a different ballgame.