Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Daytona clip ons for Street Triple

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Fitty, May 9, 2011.

1. I've wanted clip ons for my ST3 for a while, but they're pretty expensive. OEM Daytona clip-ons are bolted to the top yoke, which has a tapped lug to accept a bolt. The yokes aren't interchangeable, because the geometry of the ST3 and Daytona is slightly different.

Anyway, my old man's a fitter and turner and he's suggested manufacturing a ST3 yoke with a lug to accept the bolt. I'm not a fitter and turner, so I can't give you the technical details of the machine, but it'll be done with a Mazak CNC that's worth about $1 million.

Not sure about cost or anything as yet, but I thought I'd see if anyone else was interested, and get an idea of what people would be willing to pay - if you are interested, PM me and I'll get back to you when I can figure out whether it's worth doing or not.
  2. Definitely interested. Other than the obvious aftermarket, you wouldn't try the Chinese cheapies just to see if you like it?!! BTW, I'm 99% sure you can't run the flyscreen without some bracket modifications or cutting it.

Keep us posted...

P.s: sorry for the off-topic but he wouldn't be able to mill up some sort of reducing bolt for the mirrors would he?! I'm doing the Ducati mirror conversion & some sort of 10mm-Xmm reducer would be the best/cheapest option.
  3. I don't have or want a flyscreen, so it's not an issue for me, but I understand there are clearance issues. The bolt you're after - do you want a threaded 10mm bolt essentially stuck on the end of a smaller bolt?
  4. Yeah that's cool about the screen, was just a heads up. I'd probably just remove mine for the streetfighter look anyway. As for the other thing, I'll PM you when I get home & can send some photos too to keep this on topic! ;)