Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Daytona 675 v Big 4 600s

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by pooley500, May 10, 2014.

1. Hi all. I have a 06 daytona 675 totally stock. Got hit from behind while stopped bout a month ago. Going to be completely fixed so was wondering, should I then sell it while it is pristine and get an 09 jap bike? (Leaning towards zx6 r). I can afford to get one that has much less ks and my daytona 675 has 30 000 on the clock. Or should I spend the difference in mods to the 675? Keep in mind the Daytona has already let me down with electrics a few times
    Thoughts please.
    Cheers

2. I think going from a daytona 675 to a Jap 600 would be a step down.

I say that as i have owned an 07 CBR 600 and my wife has an MV Agusta F3 and the difference in torque is more than noticeable.

If you want to go Jap, then maybe a GSXR 750 would suit? I have ridden an 05 GSXR 750 and it was impressive compared to my 07 CBR 600.

3. I agree with the above. I had a cbr600 and it was just slightly underpowered for my liking. So I got a daytona and love it!!!! It was that or the gsxr750, which a mate had and loved!!

Could not fault it though (or any jap bike I've had)

4. Ninjas rule. Kawasaki make the best motor.

You can always sell it and get another 675 they are not rare. The zx6is rarer probably

5. Is there a reason you wouldn't consider a 1000?