Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Daytona 675 GBRacing Crash Protection

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Morbo28, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Hey all,

Just installed some crash protection for this track day season (I've been meaning to do it for a few years!) so thought I'd make up a mini write up.

Bought the GBRacing full kit from here (clicky). More expensive than some of the other cheapy places but seemed better quality.

Kit.

Cost was around $480 delivered from the UK. This is how it looked. Seemed of very high quality, perfect fit. Nice touch was that it included relevant torque values for the bolts without having to look them up, all replacement bolts and instructions.

01_Parts.

No problems installing the case protectors and the frame sliders.

02_Fitted_naked.

Included the front and rear protectors (didn't get a pic of the shark fin chain protector)

03_Front_Wheel.

04_Rear_Wheel.

Got a little dark by the time I came back and finished the job, but I was happy with how it came out

05_Farings_on.

Overall very happy with the product and process. Quick shipping, took about a week from UK. Easy to install, the only slight hassle was bike-related such as getting a spanner on the nut behind the engine mount and getting a hex key system that would fit my torque wrench. There are pros and cons with having these on the bike, but I decided it was worth it since I'm doing about 4 track days a season and this will give some protection from a low side if that ever happens.

2. I was going to remove my knobs for the track, a low side slide is better than a dig and cartwheel on the knobs.

3. And here I was thinking I'd avoided the debate :D Yeah I figure they'll help in a lowside; and if it's a hard impact, they won't make too much difference either way. I don't think there's much of a risk of the knobs causing a cartwheel though. But each to their own :)

4. just an option mate, i had my nobs ground down a bit. enough to still stop most damage, but hopefully makes it so there is a slight less chance of cart wheeling.

5. There are different profile knobs that can be bought...you could always replace them with those? eg some of those bullet ones. I'll run with these for the moment though.

6. Great gear!! i had it when i had my 675

7. Ever use it? ie did you bin the bike to find out how it performed?