Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Day Trip planned

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Garido, Nov 26, 2011.

1. I know it's kind of late, but just decided to go on a bit of a day trip tomorrow, leaving at around 11 am (once the weather has truly cleared). Planning to head from Croydon to Marysville via the Black Spur, coming back through Reefton & Warburton. Depending on time & desire, will head through Powelltown to Noojee, then back to Croydon via Gembrook, Emerald, Olinda.

Happy for anyone to join me. Just send me a PM and we'll fix a meeting point & time.

2. Some of those roads could still be wet and a bit tricky.

3. Ended up going to Mansfield via Eildon & Jamieson. Spectacular trip. Roads were a little wet still when we went through Kinglake, but grip was still good.

4. went up the spur. it was a mess!

5. From prior trips (after wet days) kind of gathered that would be the case so did the other roads with Garido instead. Apart from a little moisture at the top of Kinglake it was dry as a bone.

6. heading OS for a few weeks so I did a last spur run despite the wet. roads were good the other side. came back through yea and flowerdale.