Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Day ride with HART instructors - Sunday 20th March 2011

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by danny_tb, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Calendar entry: https://netrider.net.au/calendar/index.php?action=details&id=2386

Yarra Ranges and Whittlesea Councils are holding instructed rides to help the motorcycling community to become safer riders. Instruction is by Honda Australia Rider Training (HART). Bookings are essential!

The rides are grouped into small groups of riders of similar skill level. The full day course is advertised as $75, but I've heard that there may be some bookings available at a lower cost. ;)

The ride on Sunday 20 March is the Strath Creek ride, organised by the City of Whittlesea.

For information, please contact:

Michael Lamers on 03 9217 2344 or michael.lamers@whittlesea.vic.gov.au

or

Mark McGuire on 1300 368 333 or m.mcguire@yarraranges.vic.gov.au

2. Unfortunately this one is on my wedding anniversary, so I won't be attending. I've booked in on the Reefton ride on 10 April instead. The Reefton ride isn't for learners, so if you're a learner, please book into the 20 March ride (this one) instead.

3. The Shire of Yarra Ranges have been running these rides for years. Well done to Mark from Yarra Ranges..

I rode one of these in Dec 2009, and it was pretty good value. I think it was $75.00 - normally this sort of training (from accredited trainers, HART do these) would be around $200.00, so the Councils are subsidising this pretty heavily.

If you book-in through the City of Whittlesea it's currently only $50.00.

4. A great day. I did the first two some years ago.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'

5. Bump! :D

If you intend to go to this one, but haven't booked in, it's a good idea to give the guys a call.