Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

David vs Goliath.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Day, Sep 11, 2009.

1. A vehicle with a higher centre of mass got knocked over when hit on it's side. You don't normally expect to hear of a Hummer coming second best to a Corolla but this proved it can. What do you think the outcome of a head-on collision would be? I saw the aftermath of a similar crash on Canterbury Rd one night a couple of years ago. A Daewoo Lanos put a Prado onto it's side.
  2. Moral of the story.

Don't fcuk with a mini.
  3. That's fukn funny!!

How would the Hummer's ego be;

"I just spent a shit load of money buying and fueling this thing, and a fukn corolla flips me!!!" :evil:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. As someone who loves small, light fast things that handle well; as well as giant steel hulks that demolish native bushland in low-range 4WD and go places they shouldn't whilst carrying 4 idiots and 3 eskies...

I still can't think of any reason to buy a Hummer.
  5. dude havnt you seen bad boys two? dont you just want to drive straight through a village?
  6. It was pretty obvious they wouldn't come across any Toyota Corollas in that favela.
  7. Totally would dude. Just lucky they weren't speeding. Crashing through peoples homes technically isn't the public roads.

Besides, the average Cuban just has to walk down to their local Toyota dealership to purchase a Corolla, right?

Oh wait, that whole embargo thing...
  8. Did anyone actually read the line in the article..

The driver was not injured, but his female passenger and a woman driving the other car - a silver Toyota Corolla - were taken to Royal Darwin Hospital with minor injuries and discharged soon after.

So it seems it was a 1-1 draw. :wink:

9. I KNEW I should have bought the TRD-Laser :rofl:.