Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Darwin award candidate.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rourkster, Sep 25, 2007.

1. For those who don't know, I work in a Police radio room. At work the other night I took a call from the Firies about a vehicle fire in a suburb of Newcastle. Ambos also called as the driver was suffering burns. Police get on scene and finally get the full story, which I think is worthy of a nomination in the Darwin awards.
    The plonker who owns the car (VL Commodore) got a red defect label last week as the car is seriously unroadworthy. Gets the vehicle towed home where it sits for a while before he succumbs to temptation and starts driving it again. Only problem is that whilst it has been sitting there it has somehow managed to get water in the fuel tank. Einstein's solution is to disconnect the fuel lines from the tank and run them to a jerry can which he sits IN THE FOOTWELL BEHIND THE DRIVER'S SEAT!
    He then drives off and picks up his mate and they drive around for a while before noticing that the jerry can has fallen over and fuel has leaked under the driver's seat. They stop, fix the jerry can up, then ol' mate decides to make a call on his mobile and - wait for it -
    Up she goes!!! Result? Burns to legs, chest, GENITALS, hands and airway. His mate in the passenger seat had minor burns to his legs. Driver gets a chopper ride to Royal North Shore for treatment and skin grafts.
    Ladies and gentleman - we have a winner! :roll: :LOL:

2. That's GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:
  3. Rourkster, that is a piss funny story. Unfortunately, to be eligible for the darwin awards, you have to pass away doing stupid sh1t.

They definately deserve an honourable mention though. :LOL:
  4. Well, hopefully he won't be breeding for a while :grin: :grin: :grin: .
  5. Copy that radio

:shock: :shock:
  6. Hahahaha excellent!
  7. thats great rourk! i love it! what a moron! only in a commodore

my fav is the one when the judge pulled the pin on a grenade after the defendant said it was a toy.

a gullable judge like that would av let a lot of crims out on the loose.
  8. i think the rules were changed such that only the inability to procreate is necessary. if the burn to his jatz crackers is severe enough, he's up for a trophy!
  9. Thanks for posting up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. It is worth killing the silly buggers, so that they are eligble for the Darwin Award.
  11. Very nice Rourkster, any other gems?
  12. Horrible, yet funny, story.

Actually, neutering oneself is by the rules of the Darwin Awards, one way in which you make yourself an eligible candidate. The Darwin Awards means removing yourself from contributing to the human gene-pool, whether through death or neutering. This guy may very well still qualify.
  13. Lets just hope he has succeeded in taking himself out of the gene pool. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. OMFG! What a dipsh*t! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  15. Never heard of that before (got a link or more about it?) unless it's confused with the metaphor used like this > ''The judge tucked a grenade in his pocket and pulled the pin. Now we sit and see if it explodes.''

From here.
  16. I believe the criteria is to remove yourself from teh gene pool, so the genatal damage may qualify him.

[EDIT]Here is where you submit candidates if you want to send in your story http://darwinawards.com/slush/submission.html [/EDIT]