Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Damn this rain!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by woodsy109, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I know everyone else in the county is now saying what? :?

But I really am getting sick of the rain up here. Everytime i'm home from work and keen for a good ride it is raining. :evil:

Well hopefully I will have a couple of days next week that are fine so I can go for a decent ride without worrying about patchy road conditions.

2. 2nd that! My GPX hasn't seen daylight for a couple of weeks now, bit of a bastard when you live at the base of the gillies.

Send some to our southern friends, they need it more than us!

3. Since when is rain a reason to stop riding? :?

Rain, hail, stupids winds....I'm in it riding to work or wherever else. :)

You wont disolve in water, blokes! :p :wink:

4. +1 here!
    5 deg this morning, and misty rain

5. ++2 Suck it up and ride dude. Just like dry time only a bit watery.

Reminds me - after this week in Melb I have about 2 hours of bike detailing to do tomorrow.

6. Whats wrong with riding in the wet, roads are quiter in the countryside...wooohooo.

Woosies. :p

7. :nopity:

Asif not ride in the rain! It's good for your skillz.

8. Stop you whinging and get them wheels turning.
    Untill you have 50 knots and it pooring down so tat you are going though puddles it is good riding...

Actually I was out in that last week, so obviosly you can go in harder weather than that.

9. in fairness, tropical NQ rain is a far cry from what we get.

If it is seriously raining up there, I wouldn't be too keen to go out either, for fear of having to swim home :shock:

10. yeah i reckon riding the cook highway from cairns to mossman would be a bit scary in the wet. i think i'd change bikes if i lived up north.
    still i dont mind riding in the rain down here, it just makes cornering not as much fun

11. I hate riding in the rain. I rode from Victoria to ACT during a torrential downpour. And I didn't have wet weather gear. And all my leathers turned into sponges. It took 3 days for my jacket to dry out.

Never again. When it rains I drive the car. :driver:

12. I was loving it until the rain was so heavy it ripped my downpipe out and now I cant get any water into my tank.

Occy strap fix time I think.

13. Agree, I used to live in Innisfail where 200 mls of rain in a couple of hours seems to take bikes off the road!! So when the guys up there complain about the rain, they have reasons to do so, give em a break :wink:

Tim

14. We in melbourne dont have it much easier, one minute its sunny and the next it pissin rain

15. That's what happens when you live in a place so damn humid you need gills!
    Should have let teh Japs have QLD I say. :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.

16. This has been brought back from the dead!

By the way the wet season is now over and we have had some really great riding weather up in the north. Almost makes you forget about the 4 odd months of constant rain.

17. Hmmm...joined today, has randomly brought back several old threads from the dead and has posted imitation Nokia phones for sale in general marketplace..smells a little fishy to me... :-k