Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Damn chicken strips

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Mr Messy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Hopefully i can post tyres under bikes :p.

Spent 3 hrs today practicing some of the techniques discussed in the general forum at the moment (in the fair weather rider thread), and had a look to see some worked rubber etc when i got home.
    I was also surprised that some of the little... stalks i guess... of rubber are still there (not just the ones on the outside edge) after today :p.
    I think after todays effort im officially stuck with those little strips, unless my leg becomes thinner.
    (one photo is bad and my camera decided its flat so only the left side (right is the same))

Attached Files:

2. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere around here about the right grade sandpaper to use.

Remember to polish with armourall when you are done to get the shine back. :)
  3. Haha... sandpaper id believe... but wont bother with :p.
    Armourall on the tyres though? Hmm... slippery :p.
  4. fixt.
  5. :).....
  6. Hahaha. Gee thanks guys. Thats like riding in a patch of diesel in the wet is it? Its not dangerous and slippery, its challenging?
  7. Challenging in the same way that it's not r@pe, it's suprise sex :D (R ape is a swear filter word? WTF)
  8. Builds character.

As does riding a road bike down a dirt track. Just do it. It's hilarious.