Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Damn 40 zone painted in the road

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by paddo_hornet, Jan 6, 2006.

1. While I am a big fan of the 40 school zones, I'm not a fan of the big painted square in the middle of the road! I was ridin along this afternoon in the drizzle and almost came off when my rear wheel went for a slide on it!

2. Shuduup. If Bracksy finds out paint is dangerous for bikes in the wet, Melbourne will be covered in the shit by Tuesday. :shock: :LOL:

Edit: I either have to learn how to type or spell.
  3. yeah that stuff sucks - specially in residental zones where you are more likely to have to stop suddenly.
  4. That paint is suppose to be non slip, but I don't think so.
  5. definately not. bit like when you put your foot down on the pedestrian lines and almost end up on your side.

I'm sure its ok when you have four wheels ;)
  6. Definately not non-slip paint, still want to find the idiot that decided to paint big arrows in the middle of roundabouts - they're fun in the wet.
  7. it is non-slip!!!!! when its dry!!

in the wet it even gives pushies a scare on occasion
  8. If people start having accidents because of the white paint, they'll lower the limit to 30kph - and paint bigger numbers on the road - it's surely the logical thing to do :)
  9. That or they'll just paint the whole road white to make sure people don't go too fast in the wet.
  10. It could be like a bike trap, like a big white square with a net adjecent to catch the speeding rider...can you imagine...:LOL:
  11. Like putting up WRB's to make sure riders don't deliberately fall off on the freeway. :LOL: