Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

damaged zx750p - auction ends thurs 12 advice needed urgentl

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Wypuk, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Hey all
    i found a '96 zx750p with fairing damage, fork damage, instrument damage and no tank or seats at the auction for 1000
    it ends today at 12 (thursday)
    my question is how interchangable are the parts with other ZX Rs
    i found forks on ebay for 130 for the pair and fairings can be found later
    my main concerin is this: is it possible to get zx6r or zx9 or any other kawa forks on it and the tank as well.
    in other words is it possible to mix and match to a certain degree.

i appreciate any replies as im REALLY tempeted to buy it and fix it up and learn about my (potential) new bike
    thanx heaps for any prompt replies

i just reallly like the zx7

ps its on fowles online auction if any1 has acess plz let me kno what you think....
    :( :( i really want it waaaaa
  2. I don't know enough about kwakas to help, but keep in mind that this bike may cost more to fix if you haven't checked it out in person.

Good luck and let us know how you go!
  3. i hope it will set me back about 2 grand in parts, maybe 2.5 if i push it but that an be done over time and i want to do s much work on it myself as i can
    but ye i want it BAD :p
  4. Original fairings are $800 each from Kawasaki. You can get fibreglass copies for $230 unpainted.

Dunno about other parts but I'm told that some parts are hard to find, however I can't say if that's right or not....something about the age of them and they're not in production anymore.

Maybe best to do your research first before you get stuck with more expensive proposition then the bargain you first imagined. Small parts can cost a lot.