Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Damaged rim noticed way after tyre change....any recourse?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by wallyt99, Apr 10, 2008.

1. So basically, in January I had my bike serviced at Central Motorcycles in huntingdale, and overall they did a fairly good job. I then went overseas for a month and got back to have a better look at my bike.

There were however two problems. Firstly, I asked them to balance the carbs...which it was prett evident that they didn't actually do. I adjusted it by ear alone, and it now runs 10 times better...I knew it was way out, and I know it is still a bit out....but since I had left is so long, I resolved just not to go back there again, and let it slide.

However, I now time has come to sell it and I have noticed SEVERAL scratches on my front rim. Some quite large. This is the first time the tyres have been changed so I know it was them, but it is now so long afterwards I doubt I can go back? What do you guys think?

2. I think it's too long to be able to prove it was them. Also if you are selling it is not likely to affect the resale value, so don't worry about it.

3. +1
    way too long.