Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

damage to vintage triumph

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by shaneo, Nov 9, 2011.

1. gday all, recently my 78 daily ride triumph bonny was damaged at work by the neighbouring buisness as they had some tree removed, they sprayed my bike with wood chip as they parked there chipper next to my bike that was in my bike shed, the company accepted liabilty and had my front gaurd re-chromed but now im fighting with them to get my tank fixed, it requiers a full spray on the tank as it has chipped the candy and cannot be blended, the company has offered to pay half the damage as they say it was 100% to begin with(it has around 3 stone chips that are tiny) so now what are my options to chase the repair, the bill is $840 and i dont think i should pay for any of there damage, its getting me pretty pissed off aswell as stressing the shit outa me

2. A professionally worded letter can go a long way. Sometimes if it sounds official / legal etc that's enough to prompt people into doing the right thing.

You might like to have a look here for a few tips.

Well that gives you some ideas for possible content and style.

Adapt as required.
  3. A professionally worded pipe bomb might do the trick too. Make them an offer they can't refuse.
  4. cheers, it appears i will have to take this to court to get it sorted, over it as the bike even though was my daily ride it was also a show bike pretty much with a sweet paint job, untill now, very disapointed in my own company for not wanting to help me with it either, thanks for all the help, letter of demand is getting delivered ,monday via sheriff so hope thats enough to get em going, and i would love a pipe bomb to put a jump in the progress but at the moment, i will try to do it right
  5. also look at it as the court cost might be more expensive then getting the paint work done..
  6. I had a similar incident a couple years ago and after the free legal advice, I was advised that I should suck it up. The court costs for even a day exceeded the damage bill.:furious:

Sounds like your between a rock and a hard place mate.Sorry I couldn't give you any good news.
  7. Thats a shame,the pinstrips were done my hand at the factor.Where are you going to get that done these days