Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dainese Vintage Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Turnip, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Does anyone have an opinion on the Dainese Vintage jacket? I like the look of it from the photo, but I haven't seen one in person. Does anyone know of a retailer in Perth that stocks them?

I'm open to other suggestions too. I've looked at the Teknic Rebel jacket, but I think it might make me look like a WW2 fighter pilot. I'm after something that won't look out of place on the Bonne (so kind of old fashioned), but keeping in mind I'm a small guy and don't want to look try-hard.

2. To be honest with you the Dainese seems a bit overpriced for aged leather with a Foxhead graphic on the back and 'DAINESE" on the front.

If I was going to be riding a Bonnie then I'd want a Triumph jacket like the Madison. :cool:
  3. That's nice. They didn't have that one in the Triumph dealer - I'll ask about it.
  4. I have one (blue, red and white horizontal stripes then predominantly black) and I like it. I didn't like the look of it on the rack but my other half encouraged me to put it on and I liked it. It is as comfortable of a fit as the others I tried. The only downside IMO is that it doesn't have any reflective piping.

5. They didn't have the Madison, but I tried the Rivton again (the red/white/black one) and it's kind of grown on me. I asked them to put it aside rather than being reckless with my credit card, cos it was a hot day today (had my mesh jacket) and my mechanic's likely to hit me with a big bill for my car tomorrow.
  6. Madison does look pretty wicked. So does the vintage jacket!