Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dainese gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by nosuchthing, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Why is it so hard to find Dainese gear on the web? Both local and overseas?

I even tried eBay (USA).

A good majority of the websites I have been to promote Alpinestars ALOT.
    I know they are a good quality brand but I would have thought Dainese would get the same sort of coverage.

Could it be because Dainese restricts the people who can sell their product?

2. Maybe its because Dainese is slighlty more expensive than the other brands...and since Alpinestars has flooded the market with gear well under half price in some cases...most people know of Alpinestars so they buy it.

After trying on both brands of leather Dainese came out on top...much better fit and the leather is slighlty of better quality.

3. I've heard good things about Dainese over Alpinestars. But if you have an odd body shape (eg long arms etc) sometimes the off-the shelf sizing may not fit well (like in my case). When buying online, make sure you try on the gear in a shop to get sizing right.

If you're forking out dainese dollars, also consider tiger angel (custom fit/color/lettering/graphics) or underdog (cheap prices, aussie owned, 10% discount for netriders)