Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dainese Frazer Jacket - Airflow

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jpulo, Aug 22, 2013.

1. HI All

New poster in the community here :) :)

Looking at purchasing a jacket for 30+ weather for riding in Darwin. I'm after a high airflow summer jacket, but don't want the safety compromise of textiles (over leather)
    After lots of searching and procrastinating I came to the Dainese Frazer jacket.
    Due to posting permissions, unfortunately I can't post a link (yet).

Seems to have leather in all the high impact places for maximum safety, but filling in the rest with textiles material for comfort (and airflow i hope). (Cordura 750)

I was wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with this jacket and can comment on its level of airflow through the textiles.
    Does the Cordura 750 textile material breathe well? or is it a more windproof material.

Thanks in advance for your help! ;) ;) ;)
  2. Can't help you regarding the jacket (regarding the airflow, Revzilla rated it at 4 out of 5) but please drop into this section of the forum and introduce yourself properly.
  3. Hey there! thanks for your reply!
    sorry about that, I've created an introduction thread!

I have checked the reviews on revzilla and most other websites, I'm just not sure if the 4/5 airflow is from the air vents on the front or if the cordura 750 textile actually breathes !

Thanks Again.
  4. I have this jacket.

The breathability of cordura is relatively average to above average.

- relative to a textile jacket w/ perforations, it doesn't let as much wind right through; mind you, it's surprising how much difference the chest zips and side zips make. The 3D bubble liner really come into effect when the zips are open. Great for a hot day and then balmy night.
    - relative to a leather jacket, it's much more lightweight yet I'd imagine its abrasion resistance is much greater than textile; it's much stiffer and thicker.

Bottom line: you will sweat in this when stopped in 30+ degree heat. Moving, it'll feel great. I'd feel chilly in this while moving in low to mid 20s. It would be uncomfortably cold moving in this in high teen temperatures.
  5. If your concern is riding in hot conditions, try to find something that's not black.
  6. Agree with avoid black, I deliberately went with white on my custom leather jacket, perforated kangaroo hide, half the weight and stronger than cowhide, no matter what you wear up here you will sweat at lights when stopped, once moving you'll be ok, just remember carry water, camelbaks are brilliant if you are one of the deprived and don't have panniers to carry some in! Dehydration is not a pleasant experience, remember we will be getting up to 35 degrees very soon with up to 98% humidity, just walking you'll be sweating loads, even the rain will be hot!

7. Thankyou so much for your short review! really helps hearing the oppinion of one who has warn it before!

Have you ever worn perforated Leather jackets? how does textile stack up in comparison to perforated leather? airflow wise? anyone know? thanks again!
  8. I've never work a perforated leather jacket but I imagine the textile would be weigh less weight and breathe more easily.

Good luck with the purchase!
  9. textiles have heaps more air flow than perf leather (or at least more than my perf leather joe rocket suit). I wore an alpinestars textile mesh in Borneo a few years ago and it was good (but we were mainly up in the mountains). I have an alpinestars white indy perf leather jacket for summer in melb. only just got it so untested as yet.