Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

webBikeWorld Dainese D-Explorer - The Perfect All-Season 3/4 Length Adventure Touring Jacket?

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Summary
    Just when you thought that every possible iteration of the classic 3/4-length motorcycle jacket had been done, along comes the Dainese D-Explorer.

This may just well be the "perfect" all-season, all-around, touring, dual-sporting and adventure-touring outfit you'll find.

Or should we append a "yet" to that sentence?

If it weren't for one very special feature on both the D-Explorer jacket and pants, this wouldn't be all that much different than any of the other high-quality Dainese 3/4 length outfits we've come to know, respect and admire.

But the D-Explorer has a killer feature: the most unique front, rear and sleeve venting system you'll find.

It means the jacket converts from a full-on winter protecto to a super-cool ventilated shell for the hottest summer days.

In fact, that capability is the "holy grail" of motorcycle gear. Many have tried and few - or none - have succeeded.

The phenomenal all-season capability of the D-Explorer, combined with its Gore-Tex water- and wind-proof liners and the superb build quality make it worth the rather hefty asking price. Besides, you also get a D-Wave back protector; something we've been pressing for on high-end jackets and the manufacturers have responded.

That lofty price may just well be worth it; after all, the D-Explorer is literally two outfits in one - a true all-season outfit that, knowing Dainese quality, should also stand the test of time.

more ยป
  2. Just grabbed one of these direct from Dainese.
    Arrived this morning and took it for a ride in 30 degree weather with the ventilation flaps wide open front and back. Fantastic air flow to the body even at 60kph. Wasn't cheap, but it's a true four season jacket and it's very well crafted. Can't really compare it to anything as I'm a relatively new rider, but I'm very happy with my purchase so far. Gonna grab the pants to match soon too
    • Like Like x 1