Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dainese back protector - which one?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by rabbit, Dec 2, 2008.

1. I have $200 to throw towards a back protector courtesy of TAC Ridesmart

I'm looking at the dainese range, and they all seem to be around $230 - $270, and I can't see the difference other than price.

Space S, Space 1, Space 2, Wave 2 etc.

Anyone in the know?

2. What jacket do you have? If you have a Dainese then the wave inserts will do you just fine. A non Dainese jacket will make the insert move about so you'll need the backpack-strap style which is what I ended up doing.

If you do go the backpack style, shoot me a pm and I'll point you in the right direction for a place that's doing them in your $200 price range.
  3. You can pick up a Wave G2 for $150 at Peter Steven's in the city, if you haggle you may get it cheaper.

I have one for my Santa Monica. Looks and feels great and you'll have some change left over too!!

4. have a look at the forcefield pro L2 - comfortable, and in testing, has proved safer than any other (is CE level 2 certified - no dainese ones are)