Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Daelim VJF250 or Hyosung GT650R EFI

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by kpun, May 10, 2011.

1. HEYAA, i just saw this bike (Daelim VJF250) and it looked pretty cool. And since im in the market for a first bike i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it or had any experience on it, since i have never heard of "daelim" before so i dont know if the brand is reliable. And would this brand be more reliable than Hyosung GT650R? ive heard alot of negs about them :/

2. I know a guy who bought a daelim 250 and has had trouble with the fairings cracking and vibrating.
    I had a gsf250v that left it for dead in every way.
    Quality, reliability and power were stacks better on the jap bike and it was ten years older.
    And cheaper!
  3. Find a Honda CB250 of about 1992 or later that's been owned and polished by an old boy for the last fifteen years.

It'll be half the price, go just as fast, won't break much if you drop it, has decent spares backup and can be sold on to another learner without much financial loss when you've finished with it.

If you must have a new bike, save up a bit more and get a Ninja or a VTR250 like everyone else :D.
  4. I'm currently in the process of trying to get a refund with my GT650R. It's been nothing but trouble since the day I bought it. I can't recommend enough to go with the alternative option.