Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Daelim 125 Engine Oil

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by rx7, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Hi.

I'm having trouble working out what sort of engine oil my 1996 4 stroke 125 Daelim bike needs. The owner's manual only mentions using a Grade SE, SF or SH oil. From what I've read, these grades of oil are now obsolete. The manual has no mention of viscosity.

Can anyone suggest what sort of oil I should be looking at using?

Thanks.

2. Castrol GTX. SH rating. Good oil. SH will do you fine, don't use SJ.
    By the way, either Shell or Castrol still makes an SE engine oil, called older car or similar, hard to find in the stores, but available from bulk oil distributors.

Regards, Andrew.

3. hahaha lol u have one aswell.
    LOOK AT SIG
    i actualy asked the guy at asia motors (the importers) he just gave me a graph basicly it just recommends 20-50w for australian tempratures.
    U gota love how cheap parts r for them 50$ for piston and rings i was laughin i give my self a top end rebuild every few thousand k's just cause i can

but anyways i use the cheaper motul

4. Hehe, don't laugh crutch :p

It's been a good, basic, learner's bike. Been very cheap to run and look after so far. No dramas at all.

Thanks for the tip on where to get spares if needed :)

Looks like service time tomorrow. Thanks for the help people.