Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dad's got a new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by edgelett, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Well the inevitable happened - my dad went out and bought a Kawasaki ZX-9R

he deliberately went out & looked till he found one in Kawasaki Green

in his words 'fcuk it's fast! I'm rather pleased with it!

here's the obligatory pic

l_0a640a3295074197ad00e552c309cfcf. [/img]

2. He's obviously ALSO a member of the Irresponsibles :LOL:.

3. Dad's bike

The worrying thing for you is that "Dad's bike" is going to be quicker than your Hornet :LOL:

4. Going for a scratch with your old man would be tops I think. I go for a ride with my brother from time to time and we always have a blast. He's the one who got me into riding when I was pimply teenager so I think he gets a kick out of it too when his little "Nah, bikes are scary." brother overtakes him on the highway. :)

5. A lot faster than my old mans bike, a 1984 k100RS

Looks like a missile

OZ

6. late life crisis?

7. lol not quite
    dad's always had fast bikes, his last was a 2006 cbr1000rr

but after the heart attack he's decided to 'slow down' a bit & resigned himself to settle for a 900 lol

8. Yeah, probably a good thing that he's pulled his head in. Ha!

How could anyone put the concepts of a 900cc race-replica and slowing down together? Your dad sounds way cool!

9. I wish one of my four kids rode.

Rides together will always be "magic moments"

Nice choice of wheels.

10. I've been thinking about a ZX-9R as my next bike. I hear they are pretty comfortable and a bit less hard-edged than other sports bikes.

Having said that, I don't see that many for sale.

11. 900 class is a forgotten breed nowadays. Shame really since they still have earthshattering performance but are comfortable at the same time.

12. Let him know Muzzy make a 998cc big bore kit for his bike ;)

13. Good to see he's back on two wheels.
    BUT .. so much for taking it easy :shock:
    Way to Go ! :LOL:

14. Yay edgies dad.

15. Looks the goods, my Dad has just gotten back onto the road after a few years and some effort into making his steed (trusty BMW R1100S) roadworthy again. He's keen for our clan to get together for a ride, should be good as he's been riding longer than I've been alive!

Congrats to your Dad on the bike, hope you guys have some fun riding together hey?

Cheers - boingk

16. My two daughters, 18 and 15, both want to ride. A few years ago the 18 year old would also have had a bike, but now she has to have her full car license for a year, and with 3 years of Ps that means she'll be 22 by the time she can ride (unless she has a wrong understanding of the relevant law?). And same for the other one, so another 7 years or more before we can go for a family ride.

I had my first road bike at 16 and 9 months, dammit.

17. OK, just checked (not sure why I didn't do it before), and she does have the wrong end of the stick: it's Ps or full license for a year. That means she's more like 6 months out from being able to get bike Ls.

18. dad snuck it out on saturday, apparently it does good wheelies

few more details:
    it's a 1999, 36,000 kms on the clock
    aftermarket exhaust (MRAE)
    new tyres
    tank protector
    grip warmers

not bad for $5000!