Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dad's getting a bike again

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by edgelett, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Hey all

thought i'd update you on the latest with my Dad.

he had a session with the doctors just recently, & did a stack of tests. his ability to do 2 things at once, his motor skills etc, were all at the same or higher level than other people in his age group (56 yrs)

his immediate memory recall however is still screwed!

He told the doctor he was wanting to start go-kart racing again, and she pretty much said she didn't see it being a problem

however in between then, my brother, who used to race with dad, is engaged & currently looking to buy a house so he decided to retire from racing this year so he can save his cash.

Dad decided that since he won't have my brother at the track to help (i.e help pushing, getting the kart out, etc) he will sell his kart & get a bike instead.

In news that has shocked us all, my mum said 'well it's cheaper than karting so he might as well. as long as he doesn't get another race bike'

so basicly the whole family has agreed that in order to keep dad sane cause he NEEDS a hobby, he can get a motorbike again. BUT only on the promise that he gets his bike licence!

Dad celebrated by popping a burnout in my parents driveway on my bike, which i think made mum think twice about her decision lol.

but i'm stoked at the idea that i'm going to be able to go riding again.

will keep you informed of his progress.