Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cylinder head removal? easy? on a hyo 250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hyo_duc, Mar 6, 2010.

1. hye guys i have my major service coming up (24,000 kays)
    manual states to removed and clean cylinder heads
    wondering if this is an easy job to do and any advice?
    i will be doing most of the other things for the service myself.
    will have help at hand
    much regards

2. Remove the head for a service? Never heard that one before...

Plugs, Leads, Oil + Filter, Fuel filter(s), check condition of all rubber hoses, replacing where necessary, Chain/sprockets + lube if required.. depends how hard its been ridden.

Not sure if these ones use manually adjustable tappets, but I'd be taking off the top engine cover and checking clearances too.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment for a major service, there shouldn't be anything difficult to do just time consuming. Plus cleaning out a cylinder head wont really change anything unless its a few hundred thousand km's old and caked full of carbon. Hyosung obviously have their reasons for mentioning it though.. if its written in the manual I'd like to know why.

3. cheers mate ill look into it more. not too sure why either as its a thing that bikes with many kays would need.